(6) CANCELLATION BY YOU
We do not provide full refunds for change of mind.
In the event that you wish to cancel your booking, your cancellation must be in writing to us prior to the Camp commencement. Your cancellation will be effective from the day that we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation notice.
Cancellation charges apply. These charges vary depending on how early you cancel your booking. The table below outlines the scale of cancellation charges:
- 0-21 days before the Camp starts- no refund
- 22-50 days before Camp starts – 25% refund
- More than 50 days before Camp starts – 50% refund
(7) CANCELLATION BY US FOR INSUFFICIENT NUMBERS
We reserve the right to cancel a Camp if the minimum requirement of 20 participants is not met.
In the event that we should have to cancel a Camp, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate Camp date and venue or receive a full refund.
We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to travel and accommodation.
(8) MEANING OF FORCE MAJEURE
For the purposes of these Terms, Force Majeure means the happening of an event or circumstance which:
- is beyond the reasonable control of a party and prevents or delays that party from performing any of its obligations under this contract; and
- could not have been avoided or overcome by that party by the exercise of reasonable foresight, care and due diligence; and
- includes both natural and human-caused events, including but not limited to:
- an act of God including but not limited to earthquake, flood, fire, explosion, landslide, lightning, action of the elements, force of nature, washout, storm or storm warning or natural disaster;
- government action, government order,national emergency, labour shortage, strike, lockout, boycott, work ban or other labour dispute or difficulty; and
- acts of terrorism, civil disturbance, blockade, embargo, sabotage, insurrection, riot, malicious damage, epidemic, pandemic or infectious disease;
- hardship due to currency fluctuation; and
- change in market conditions or market prices.
(9) SBCC DECISIONS REGARDING FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS
We deal with many logistical challenges at our Camps such as large numbers of children and remote locations.
We always aim to give Participants the full Camp experience that they expect, but safety is our first priority.
As a result, we take a precautionary approach to cancellations and emergency events.
For example, in the event of a bushfire, we may not wait for official orders to evacuate before determining that the Camp will be cancelled.
You acknowledge and agree that SBCC may, in its sole discretion, determine that the Camp is cancelled due to a Force Majeure event.
(10) CANCELLATION BY US FOR FORCE MAJEURE EVENT
We may cancel a Camp at any time prior to commencement or while underwayif, due to a Force Majeure event it is not viable for us to operate the planned Camp.
In the event that a cancellation is due to a Force Majeure event, we will provide a credit which may be used towards any other SBCC Camp, tour, personal coaching, or other services.
The credit will be valid for two (2) years from the date that the Force Majeure event ends, and may be used by the Participant or transferred to another Participant.
The credit will be for a value equal to all payments made by you to SBCC as at the date of the cancellation, less any unrecoverable costs which we have incurred. Our unrecoverable costs may include but arenot limited to:
- deposits tolocal operators, coaches, or other support services;
- our office, staff, and administration costs in connection with the Camp;
- our advertising, marketing and ground hire costs, or fees for other facilities;
- any portion of the Camp that you have already taken part in (for example, if you have taken part in one (1) day of a two (2) day Camp).
We operate on very tight margins so that we are able to provide our Camps at an affordable price. This means that in the event that a Camp has to be cancelled due a Force Majeure event it is highly likely that a significant portion of the payments which you have already made will be unrecoverable.
We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to travel costs or accommodation costs.