Recently, highly successful coach education sessions were held at SBCC's base in Melbourne. Tailored programs, designed to meet the needs of the Selangor Cricket Association in Malaysia and the President of the Swaziland Cricket Board, provided a great example of what is available to those interested in coach education.
Coaching presenters included Test players - Merv Hughes, Graham Yallop, and Ray Bright, and other former Australian and State players. Shaun Brown (Melbourne's leading private coach), with over 30 years experience will have a big role in the success of the program.
The academy "C.E" programme is world class with a committed team of presenters and a uniquely Australian perspective.
Case study- Salangor cricket Association
( Malaysia )
- 70 hours face to face instruction
- 15 practical coaching experience
- 3 written tests
Selangor Coaches background
Sachianantham K. M - high performace coach (State u/15 U/17 U/19)
- Requirements-improve knowledge base
- Improve coaching methods with young elite players
- Learn effective use of the Dartfish computer programme
- Use of coaching material and resources
Marimuthu Sameya - development officer sole provider of states school based programs (make cricket fun programme)
- Requirements- improve general knowledge base
- Learn how to implement a structured school based programme
- Study Australian school based programs
Hamidah Ramlan - female school teacher in Selangor
- Requiremnts - base level understanding of the game.
- General coaching skills
- Study possible administration measures that can help the game to grow initially at a school level.
- Shaun Brown
- Orazio Santalucia
- Merv Hughes ( 1 session )
- Graham Yallop ( 2 sessions)
- Ray Bright ( 1 session )
- Darren Berry ( 1 session)
- Neil Buszard ( 1 session)
- Ron Rooney (1 session)
- Aaron Whear ( 2 sessions)
Coaching venues used
- Clever Cricket - purpose built indoor cricket centre
- Ivanhoe recreation centre (Gym)
- Lexus Centre (View a VIS session)
Potential resources for Selangor CA to contact (within Melbourne)
- Platypus (cricket balls)
- Jugs bowling machines Australia
- Flix cricket pitches
- Greg Chappell centre
- MCG tour
Fully self contained accommodation located 5 minutes from Clever Cricket. Trams to the city and next door to Bundoora Square shopping complex.
Week One Sample Programme
Cross Bat Shots
Fast Bowling Session
|1pm 3pm||SB Batting Back Foot Drive||OS
Fast Bowling Drills
Bowling Machine Use
1st Class Batting Tech.
Practical Coaching Sessions
Practical Coaching Sessions
Key: SB - Shaun Brown, OS - Orazio Santalucia , DB - Darren Berry , GY - Graham Yallop, MH - Merv Hughes, NB - Neil Buszard, R - Resource session, P - Practical coaching sessions
As all programmes are tailored to suit each international group and taking into account specific needs, fees are determined after all requirements are presented.
The final price of the programme is strongly determined by the following factors:
- The number of days and nights the visitors will use our accommodation venue.
- How many coaches you intend to send and therefore the number of self contained villa rooms that are required.
- The number of face to face sessions required with general staff.
- The number face to face sessions required with the ex-Test players.
Please note: Food and drink are not provided at the Academy. Past groups have utilised the cooking facilities at University Mews with their association providing a daily allowance.
To discuss the potential cost of your stay at the Academy, call Shaun Brown on International code +0613 9465 6166 or email Shaun direct on [email protected]